Sunday, September 28, 2008

Savannah's Gall Bladder Removed!!!!

Fall Craft Becky brought me with our cute!!!!
Me with heat pad on my "blood clot"

So a couple of months ago, I got a really bad stomach ache.....bad!!!! It went away and I was fine..... So then a little over a month ago, I had a massive attack!! It woke me up out of a dead sleep, I had to roll out of bed, onto all 4's....I woke Landon up, not knowing what was going on. I have never felt pain like that! Labor didn't even hurt this bad!! I really should have gone to the emergency room, but the pain lasted a little over an hour and then went away. So, I called my Dr. and I went to the hospital and found out that I had Gall Stones!!!! I then scheduled for it to be removed on Sept. 11th 2008. The surgery went great. That whole day I was soooo out of it. They put me on Daladid (sp?) which completely knocked me out!!! I not only fell asleep on the phone numerous times with friends and family, but I literally fell asleep sitting up eating my "wonderful hospital Liquid Meal"! Mmmmm beef broth :) I also got to have my IV switched from my left arm to my right because my left arm swelled up so bad I couldn't bend my fingers, and it looked like it was going to split in half...wonderful image, I know. I only had to stay for the one night and then I got to go home. I was glad it was only 1 day, because even though it was only 1 day, I missed Landon, Trevor and Tanner soooo much!!!! So, once I was home I figured I'd be great----I could totally handle this, I've had 2 C-Sections!!! Holy Crap------this totally hurt worse!! I couldn't believe 4 days later, my puffed up arm, which had gone down almost all the way, was still hurting so I called my Dr. and explained the red mark on my arm and the pain in my arm and he had me go to his office. There, he told me I had a Blood Clot, but not to worry "you won't die, ha ha" NOT FUNNY!!! He thought it was though.....anyway, he said that the pain wouldn't hurt past my elbow, and I needed to take asprin, and use a heat pad and hold my arm above my heart everyday, for a week or so. So, I did, but then about a week later, my arm started going tingly and I started having lots of pain from my finger tips to my shoulder!!! Well-That's a little too close to my heart!!!!!!! So I called his after hour line, and he said I needed to go to the Emergency Room, the "blood Clot" was getting too big......I'm so grateful for Ren and Jeriann who watched Trev and Tanner so we could go to the ER......It was pretty late, but I knew if I didn't go I was going to die in my sleep!!..........So, they did an ultra sound on my arm, and found NO BLOOD CLOT!! What???? I was so relieved! What happened was my arm that had gotten all swollen at the hospital, that vein was all inflammed and pressing on my nerves......painful but I wouldn't die. So we left the ER relieved, but annoyed at the same time, because if my Dr. hadn't told me it was a blood clot, I would have just waited out the pain........Anyway, all is very good stomach is healed, and my arm isn't killing me anymore. :)

I am so grateful for Landon throughout this whole ordeal!!!!! He was absolutely MR. WONDERFUL!!! He took complete care of the boys, got me all of my meals, my pills, my heating pad and all!!! You would have thought I was completely helpless, but he wanted to make sure I healed and rested all I could. Trevor and Tanner were wonderful too, they knew mommy wasn't feeling well, and were good for dad.

Thank you to Jeriann, Tairi, Becky, and Amber for the wonderful meals!!! And for everything else you do!!! Thank you also, Becky for the Fall Craft.....Absolutely LOVE it!! We love you all so much!!

No comments:

Add to blog