Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trevor's Graduation AND Tanner's 3 trips to the ER!!

My pic's always load wrong, so here are a few of them, in the wrong order!! This is Tanner leaving the ER today! He was such a trooper!

Tanner after all started calming down :)

A much needed Nap!

This creeped me out!!! I was really worried! And he was miserable!!

His poor little face!!! This actually looks good compared to what it looked like a little after this picture!

Trevor and Bryce at Graduation!!!!

Man---it's been a looooong time since I posted anything! Well, on May 21st Trevor graduated preschool! It was his second year of preschool and he absolutely loved it! His friend Bryce was in his class, and he had so much fun having him there! Trevor's really going to miss having Bryce in his class next year, and he is going to miss Miss Kerry too! She did such a wonderful job! Trevor loves her!! He is looking forward to next year too, though. I can't believe that Trevor's going to be in Kindergarten next year!!!!

Then on Saturday May 23rd we went to the park and celebrated my nephew Cooper's 1st birthday! The boys had so much fun playing with water balloons and playing on the slides!! It was really nice seeing everyone!

So, when the birthday party was over we started heading home. We got there, and we were all cooled off except Tanner. I thought it was a little weird, but I thought maybe he just got hotter than I thought, and that he needed more water. He did drink a lot of gatorade while we were there...but, anyway.....2 hours after we got home, he was still really hot and flushed, so I took his temp and it was 103.7 degrees! So, I got him undressed, gave him motrin, and rocked him to sleep. The next morning, I woke up to him crying, and throwing up! FUN!! Plus he was burning up! We gave him a cool bath, tried to give him medicine, which he immediately threw up, and I got nervous with how high his fever was. Plus, I was worried we were having a repeat of the illness he had a while back which caused him to be hospitalized for a few days. SO.....I decided to take him to urgent care. As I pulled up, the nurses were all outside, and one walked up to me and said "Hi, how are you? Don't get out of you truck, we're not seeing anyone today because we just got ROBBED." WHAT???? That's pretty sad that someone would do that seriously!! So, anyway, she said I should take him the ER....SO, I did. They checked him, and found an ear infection....gave him an antibiotic and motrin, watched him, and sent us on our way. We got home, and Tanner immediately threw up the antibiotic when I gave it to him. I tasted it and didn't blame him! I called the pharmacist to ask if they could flavor it, they could so I took it back.......long story short.......There was NO way I was going to get him to keep it down. Tanner's allergic to Ammoxicillan, so I asked the Pharmacist to call the Dr. to prescribe something else. He did, and i went and picked it up. When I attempted to give that dose to Tanner at 9 Sunday night, he threw it up before hardly any of it even made it down!!! So....I gave him more motrin because his fever was almost 104 degrees again! He immediately fell asleep. I figured I'd get ahold of his Dr. in the morning-if I could-with it being a holiday----wonderful!

So then, when he woke up at 6 on Monday morning, I was giving him more motrin and Tylenol when I noticed a rash around his mouth and on his feet. I didn't have a clue why he had it, but I was worried because it was really bothering him. His feet started swelling really bad, and I decided to take him back to the ER because they said to bring him back if anything changed or got worse. So, I took him in and he had had an allergic reaction to either the antibiotic or tylenol! So, they gave him benadryl, watched him for a while, and sent us home. His rash had cleared up a little....but later Monday night it flared up a little bit. I figured I wait and see how he did through the night.......around 2 AM today he woke up for more benadryl and all, and he was burning up and very lithargic! His temp was over 104!!!! I was able to get it down a little and he fell back to sleep, but woke up at 4:45 with the worst rash I'd ever seen! It was covering his legs, arms, and face. It looked a lot different than the rash from the day before!!! Tanner was absolutely MISERABLE!! He was crying and saying "MOM, PLEASE,MOM!" OOH I felt soooo bad!!! I got ready really fast, and got everything ready, yet again, to go to the ER because they said he may need a steroid shot.....Thankfully Grandpa Ren was able to watch Trevor, because Landon had a lot of work today, and Jeriann was kind enough to go with me to help :) We got there and they got him right in. They immediately got him motrin and benadryl as soon as the Dr. saw Tanner. I was really worried he was going to have a seizure!! SOOOOO, a really LOOOONG story short........the Dr.'s were right the day before, although I of coarse started thinking of all the worst possible diseases he must have!!! They aren't sure if it was the medicine, which they are leaning toward, OR because of a viral infection/Ear infection + his high temp causing the rash?????? They gave him fluids through an IV, a steroid to help, and an antibiotic-with hopes he wouldn't have a reaction to it. Even after the 1st dose of benadryl, he had another out brake of the rash, which got so bad that his right eye was almost swollen shut!! I wish I would have gotten a picture of that---it was crazy!!!!

I want to say, with everything that Tanner went through....he is absolutely AMAZING! The whole time, even after being poked in all different places, and feeling as bad and sick as he felt, he still smiled at the nurses and Dr., thanked every one of them when they were done doing what they needed to do, and then said "goodbye" to everyone of them as they left. He is the sweetest and most polite little boy! I just love him so much!!! Our family is so blessed to have him in our family. I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for both my sweet little boys!

After being there all day, we were finally able to come home, and I am PRAYING that I will wake up in the morning-after a good night sleep! to a Happy little boy saying "Good Morning" with a huge grin on his face,in his little high pitched voice like he always says!! He's such a happy little boy in the morning. He has a follow up appt. with his pediatrician tomorrow....hopefully all will go well! I'm very grateful through all of this, our family was so sweet calling to check up on him, I'm thankful Grandpa Ren could take Trevor to work with him and I'm grateful Grandma Jeriann could go with me and Tanner. :) Trevor was so worried about Tanner all day, and it was so sweet to see him so happy to see Tanner, and he was so grateful that he was ok. I love my family!


Airan said...

Oh my! Poor little Tanner! What a tough cookie he is! I swear, that kid has seen the ER more times in his little life than anyone should! I hope he gets feeling better and you get some much needed sleep! :)

Erica said...

You are an amazing mommy...Tanner sure is lucky to have you..

Poor lil guy..so sad to watch them suffer..

And I have seen that same rash on Keaton when he was young...it is freaky...

Dont ya just love allergies...

Glad he is doing better...
hope you have been able to catch up on some much needed rest..:)

Shumway Family said...

Savannah, I'm so sorry this all happened while we were gone.!! You must have been frantic. Hope everything is better now.

Add to blog